Friday, February 24, 2006

Soon, I will try something different and engaging here, so stand by; now, thought, it is late and I am tired.

I will be sending, within the next few days, an application for special consideration* to King's for the Foundation Year Program. I've talked to their registrar, and they suggested I attach a cover letter, a full transcript, my psycho-educational assessment, reference letters from teachers, and a writing sample.

I've made progress with most of those, but I'm still kind of stumped about the writing sample. Because of time management and neurotic self-criticism, this becomes a really tough decision. I can't think of any academic essay I've written that I'm at all proud of; I might be able to tighten up a creative piece I've done at school; or I could take personal writing from this 'blog (or elsewhere). Some combination might work, but I also don't want to overwhelm them.

Do you, my readership**, have any suggestions for writing I could send them that would reflect well on me as a potential student in their program? I'm determined*** to get in; as far as I know, this is the nearest thing to my ideal program. I can send you a copy of any of the non-blog work I mentioned, but it's likely all stuff I've sent to all of you already to beg for peer-editing.

I also need to put together a cover letter, and I'm thinking a table of contents and a cover(explanation)**** for each section within might not be out of line. Seal it up all nice-like, put it in a fancy binder/folder/duotang, FedEx it for Monday, settle in for a painful wait.

So, to sum it up, I want you (yes, you) to help me get into the perfect university program. I want you to do this by thinking of something I've written decently enough to reflect decently upon me. If your collective intellect***** comes up with any other strategies to get me in, I want to hear about them.

While I've decided that that last paragraph sounds far too demanding, I've also decided it won't really affect your decision to help or not, and it reads decently.

Please,
Anonymous.

*because, due to the gifted-learning disabled-ADHD triple crown and personal things, my "marks do not reflect [my] academic potential".

**(reader)

***(desperate?)

****apology

*****can one person have a collective intellect?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brendan McKendy said...

I just told you in person. No way I'm repeating myself here.

kjgnvrfl,

-Brendan

24 February, 2006 10:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you haven't emailed me anything. time's a ticking.

cheerios,
bbgunsarenoloveforbirds

28 February, 2006 00:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home