Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I've become interested in bad jokes. And I mean that on several levels; jokes that are good because they're bad, or worthwhile because they're not even good because they're bad, but also ones that are not bad enough to be good and are simply the minimum of the joke-goodness function.

Let f(x) represent the goodness of a joke.

I wrote the math contest today.

A quotation. Can you find its source?

"So, this one afternoon about seven months ago, this gay Taliban lawyer walks into a bar with a talking parrot on his shoulder. The bartender is like, "Man I just have got to know what that's all about! I mean, the bird thing."
Oh neat! Fifty bucks!
Anyhow, the lawyer looks at him pretty mean, because in their religion it's, like, super rude to be nosy.
About twelve and a half minutes later, the lawyer persuades the owner of the building to fire the imperfect bartender. I think that at the end of the joke the bartender's life is screwed up pretty bad. He doesn't have a lot of options.

."

Also, if you find the minimum of f(joke), post it as a comment. Or at least try.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

I still don't understand what bearing those first two adjectives have on the rest of the joke. Other than to offend large segments of the population, that is.

19 April, 2005 22:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home