Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So I've got this yawning gap in my musical tastes where rap and hip-hop are concerned. It would be easy to form a uniformly negative opinion of it from the consistently brainless uninspiring stuff from the radio, but if I were to judge rock from the crap they play on the radio (CBC excepted) I'd think the same thing. So just like I did a bit down for novels, I'm going to open this up for you people to dictate my tastes in rap and hip-hop. Beat poetry can come too, if it washes its hair.
You heard me - post some hip hop artists, or better yet artists and albums, that for one reason or another will blow my mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brendan McKendy said...

The good rap that I like involves Jurassic Five and Public Enemy. The bad rap involves Eminem and Kanye West.

I'm not sure what you call hip-hop, but Outkast should keep you in the right direction.

31 August, 2006 22:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn. I was going to put OutKast after reading an article in the New York Times Magazine. Will that shows me. And how I should get a monitor really soon.

Cheerios,
that other dude. you know. with like pigeons legislatures.

06 September, 2006 22:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home