Sunday, October 23, 2005

It is my philosophy that a drink or two in good company are a healthy and harmless way to enjoy yourself. Part of a well-balanced weekend.

I arrived, and the good company was playing some sort of a game involving cards and alcohol. The rules, as I understood them, were that whatever happened I took a drink. About eight or nine things happened in the first twenty minutes.

Well, I felt like crap for about thirty-six hours afterward, but now I'm actually feeling sort of refreshed. By comparison. Perhaps it's because I slept like a baby.

Exactly like a baby.

Curled up in the fetal position, like a baby.
Fitfully, like a baby.
Utterly helpless and insensible, like a baby.
And with occasional breaks to vomit.
Like a baby.

I think that my philosophy for the next few weeks will be reactionary in its moderacy.

On the bright side, I didn't do anything too stupid. Except getting shitfaced fucking plastered.

(apologies to all involved)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sort of good to hear. like a teleposting from some suburban drunken bohemia.

I could have been plastered too not drinking but plastered all the same.

Still getting plaster, I guess.

But I don't know. From these old hands:

enjoy your drunken high schoolhood?

Cheerios,
birdiesgobye

25 October, 2005 04:11  
Blogger Brendan McKendy said...

Getting darnfaced darning plastered by accident would set a pretty scary precedent. Though I guess throwing up for thirty-six hours sort of cancels it out.

Why didn't you just quit the game?

fiavv,

-Brendan

25 October, 2005 21:26  
Blogger Anonymous said...

No no. I just felt under the weather for thirty-six hours. Not like that other time I was at Daron's house, on New Year's Eve Eve, when I didn't touch a drop of alcohol and just played DefJam Vendetta. That time I actually did throw up for thirty-six hours. I couldn't even hold down water, and I had to go to the hospital. Worst New Year's ever. The people at the hospital refused to believe that I hadn't been drinking.

As to why I didn't quit: one's critical decision making capacity is not in its best shape after you lose four times in five minutes, so its hard to step out before the next six ones hit you.

26 October, 2005 22:18  
Blogger Brendan McKendy said...

I understand.

That New Year's Eve Eve story is excellent, by the way. Really, why would they have believed you?

tbuppvt,

-Brendan

27 October, 2005 23:58  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Well, first off they would have believed my because I was totally sober, and not obviously drunk like my alcohol-poisoned co-patients. Secondly, it was like eight or nine o'clock when I showed up, and I'd been dehydrating (the anti-drinking!) through vomitting (the reverse-drinking) already for about twelve hours.

Qrs>~>,
That kid.

30 October, 2005 15:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home